The event was an opportunity for discussion and dialogue among the institutional representatives and key stakeholders in the transport sector coming from the EUSALP Countries and Regions. The goal was to enable a detailed examination of the relevant issues affecting the sustainable development of transport and mobility systems at the macroregional level. In line with the EUSALP Action Group 4 Mobility’s objective of promoting inter-modality and interoperability in passenger and freight transport, particular attention and focus was placed on the following topics:
- the maritime dimension and links between the port network and the intermodal transport system of the Alpine Region;
- innovative solutions for integrated transport systems and ICT applications;
- new forms of cooperation;
- “missing links”;
- accessibility in remote areas;
- measures towards a more efficient and integrated policy and financial instruments to reinforce cross-border and transnational cooperation.
Alessandro Panaro, Head of Maritime & Energy Research Area, has been the keynote speaker from 1o.55 to 11.15 with the speech “Intermodal connections and the Ports system: strategies for the development of the EUSALP area in the perspective of 2030 trends” and moderator from 11.15 to 12.45 at the Round table “Logistic platforms at macroregional scale and future challenges: best practices and experiences”.
If you wish to know more about the workshop, get in contact with email@example.com